Empathy UK Funeral Plans secure your money in an Independent Trust Fund, invested by FCA regulated trustees. The Fund is also overseen by an Actuary and audited at least annually.
Simple ProcessSo, what do we do now? This is often one of the questions relatives ask when a loved one has passed away. Confusion about who to contact and what to do can cause unnecessary burden and stress on family members at a difficult time. With a Funeral Plan in place, the process is simple and hassle free, one call to our 24/7 contact number is all it takes to inform us that it is time to put the Empathy UK pre-arranged funeral wishes into place.
Your Wishes RespectedChoose everything to suit your wishes now. An Empathy UK Funeral Plan provides you with the peace of mind that your funeral will be carried out in line with your wishes. Depending on the plan you choose, there are options to select preferred Funeral Directors, transport arrangements and bespoke requests regarding music choices, flowers and service.
Your Funds are SafeYour Empathy UK Funeral Plan fund payments are paid into the ‘Empathy UK Trust', a completely independent and secure Trust Fund set up to meet the requirements of Articles 50 and 60 of the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000. The Trust is run by an independent Board of Trustees who manage the Trust’s funds on behalf of the Planholders to safeguard future payments. The Trustees are supported by key professionals including international fund managers IFoA and FRC regulated actuaries OAC.
Cash Back at Any TimeEmpathy UK promise to return the money you have paid into your Plan at any time, so if you change your mind or are short of cash, you can request a repayment of all or part of your Plan value (subject to Terms & Conditions).
About the Trust FundEmpathy UK Funeral Plans are one of the largest independent Funeral Plan providers in the UK. As such you will be pleased to know that your money is kept completely secure, in an independent, Special Purpose Trust Fund.
The Trust Fund is independently managed by FCA regulated Fund Managers and an independent Board of Trustees, and over and above this, FCA regulated Actuaries ‘OAC’ and award winning FCA regulated Accountants, Kay Johnson Gee, audit and oversee the Trust Fund to ensure it functions correctly. Even if Empathy UK Funeral Plans cease trading, the Trust Fund will have sufficient resources to supply the Funeral Plan you have paid for.
If you have any questions, please call a member of our helpful team, FREE, on 0800 035 5729.
How do I apply for the Empathy Funeral Plan?
- Select the Empathy funeral plan option you would like. See our Plans overview here.
- Complete the application form, if you haven’t got one you can request one here. If you wish you may call our friendly team of advisors, FREE, on 0800 035 5729 who are on hand to guide you and can complete the application form over the telephone.
- Choose your preferred payment method – complete the relevant section on the application form or call us FREE on 0800 035 5729 to go through the payment options over the telephone.
- If you have chosen to apply by post, return your signed and completed application form using the prepaid envelope provided.
- Relax with peace of mind that your funeral affairs are all in order.
What happens next?Once your application is received the process is clear and simple:
- The cost of your plan is deposited in an the independent and completely secure Trust Fund.
- Copies of your plan documents are sent out to you and any other recipients you have requested along with your Plan Certificate.
- Empathy UK securely storage details of your personal Funeral Plan.
- (When the time comes) One call to the 24/7 number on the Plan Certificate activates the Plan.
- The funeral arrangements take place in accordance with your wishes and money is released from the Trust directly to the Funeral Director.
“My father recently died and he had taken out a funeral plan only 5 years ago for £1200.00. The funeral cost must have been in excess of £3000.00. I don’t know how they do it, but I bet my father would have been proud of his foresight”
“The selection process was easy to follow and the staff very friendly. When my mother died recently I made just one call and all the funeral arrangements were handled by Empathy. They even sent sympathy cards to all close family members”
“I was pleased to let Empathy UK handle all their connected services. I used equity release from my home to pay for the funeral plan”
“Empathy staff were very good. They explained all my questions on the phone and I felt very comfortable that this was the funeral plan I wanted to buy”
“Empathy UK were very helpful. I didn’t know what I had to do when my mother died. However, I made just one call and they sorted everything”